The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides emotional assistance to MSU employees and their families as they attempt to work through life changes, expected and unexpected events, chronic physical and emotional health issues, and work/life balance concerns.
The services provided are free of charge, confidential, and provided by the University as a means to support and enhance the effectiveness and satisfaction of people who make contributions to Michigan State University.
People come to the MSU EAP to address a wide variety of work and life concerns including, but not limited to, the following:
- managing personal and job stress
- addressing anxiety and depression
- managing life change/transitions effectively
- improving communication with co-workers and family members
- addressing alcohol and substance abuse issues
- resolving marital and partner concerns
- learning new parenting and care-giver skills
- providing support through grief and loss
The staff members of the EAP are clinically trained counselors who are dedicated to helping people access their common sense and personal wisdom in response to challenging life circumstances.